Paediatric Urology is a sub-speciality of surgery which deals with disorders of the Genitourinary System in children that may be present since birth. These disorders in children are very different from that of an adult and include conditions associated with the kidneys, ureters, bladder, sexual and reproductive organs.
We at the unit are committed to offering treatment for a wide range of urological problems affecting children including obstructions in urinary tract, vesicoureteral reflux, hypospadias, incontinence, undescended testes, genital abnormalities, and tumours of the kidney, bladder, testes, and vagina in children. Our team of highly experienced surgeons perform the most complex endoscopic, laparoscopic, & robotic surgeries endoscopic, laparoscopic, & robotic surgeries.
We offer treatment for a wide range of urologic problems affecting children, including obstructions in the urinary tract, hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux, incontinence, genital abnormalities, undescended testes, and tumours of the kidney, bladder, vagina, and testes in children. Our team of highly-trained surgeons holds great expertise in performing laparoscopic, endoscopic & robotic urological surgeries with high precision and in a secure environment. The team follows a combined management approach and work in collaboration with our obstetrician and paediatric nephrologists, thereby, ensuring the best possible outcomes and focus on improving the quality of life of every patient.
Urological surgeries we offer include:
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation: It is an advanced procedure that involves implantation of a device to treat moderate to severe conditions related to urinary incontinence, by restricting the urine flow.
- Bladder Reconstruction: It is a surgical procedure to construct a bigger bladder, generally performed for children with incontinence due to posterior urethral valves or spinal anomalies (neurogenic bladder).
- Cystoscopy: It is a minimally invasive telescopic examination of the urinary bladder and urethra.
- Deflux Procedure: It is a non-invasive procedure that is used to treat vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). It involves injecting sterilized, biodegradable gel called Deflux into the bladder wall.
- Drug Therapy/ Pharmacotherapy: Under this therapy, a doctor provides medicine to treat disease.
- Endourologic Surgery/Ureterorenoscopy (URS): It is a minimally invasive procedure used for treating kidney stones.
- Genitoplasty/Vaginoplasty: It is a type of a reconstructive functional & plastic surgery performed over genitals to treat a variety of endocrine conditions, congenital disorders (such as disorders of sexual differentiation), to repair injuries, and damage that has arisen due to cancer treatment.
- Penile and Urethral Reconstruction: It is reconstructive surgery procedure performed for hypospadias, chordee, megalourethra, traumatic stricture of the urethra and other conditions.
- Robotic Surgery: It is an advanced technology used to perform complex operations such as pyeloplasty, ureteral reimplantation, bladder augmentation, detrusorotomy etc.
- Ureteral Reimplantation: It is a surgery performed to treat vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). VUR is a condition in which urine available in the bladder flows back into the kidneys.
Various Urological Disorders we treat include:
- Pelviureteric Junction Obstruction (Pyeloplasty) – Open, Laparoscopic & Robotic
- Posterior Urethral Valve
- Undescended Testis – Open & Laparoscopic
- Urinary incontinence
- Vesicoureteral Reflux – Open, Pneumovesicoscopic & Robotic