At Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, our Arrhythmia Services Unit is known for offering comprehensive services for treating people with atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias. We combine technology, technique, and specialised expertise to provide our patients suffering from arrhythmia, with the highest-quality and most advanced care.
Arrhythmia is a common condition of the heart that is associated with abnormal heart rhythms and is quite common. Our team of electrophysiologists, cardiologists, nurses, cardiac resynchronization therapy specialists and Holter monitor specialists holds years of experience in treating a range of heart rhythm conditions, including:
- Arrhythmias (abnormal heartbeat)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Bradycardia (slow heart rate)
- Brugada Syndrome (a genetic condition)
- Long QT Syndrome (a genetic condition)
- Sick sinus syndrome (too fast and too slow heart rate)
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular tachycardia
Focusing on individualised, patient-centred care, our team specialises in ablation, surgical therapies, device management, and treatment for a variety of patients, including younger and older patients. We use innovative techniques to help diagnose arrhythmias. These include:
- Electrocardiograms: It is a painless test to detect and record the heart's electrical activity
- Echocardiogram: It involves the use of high-frequency sound waves to evaluate the pumping action of the heart
- Holter Monitoring: It is a 24 hr Ambulatory ECG monitoring that involves the use of a Holter monitor which is a battery-operated portable device that measures and records the patient’s heart's activity for 24 hours.
- Exercise test (stress test or treadmill test): This test is performed to determine how well a patient’s heart is responding during the hardest working times.
- Electrophysiology Study (EP Study): these are tests that help doctors understand the nature of abnormal heart rhythms by precisely locating the heart tissue that causes abnormal electrical impulses.
With advanced resources, including leading-edge technology our electrophysiologists follow a multidisciplinary approach to develop a most comprehensive treatment plan according to the patient’s medical needs. Services we for cardiac arrhythmias treatment may include:
- Permanent Pacemaker: It is a small electronic device that is used to automatically monitor the patient’s heartbeat and regulates it by transmitting electrical impulses to stimulate the heart. It is surgically implanted below the collar bone and improves the heart’s rhythm and symptoms associated with arrhythmia by stimulating the heart when it is beating slowly.
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT): It is a special kind of pacemaker known as a biventricular pacemaker - that works by sending small electrical impulses through the leads attached to it, in order to keep the right and left ventricles pumping together, called AV synchrony. It is designed to help the ventricles contract normally and improve the heart’s rhythm and symptoms associated with arrhythmia or heart failure.
- Automatic implantable defibrillator (AICD): It is considered as a very advanced Pacemaker that implanted into the patient’s chest. It continuously monitors the patient’s heartbeat and delivers precisely calibrated electrical shocks to correct the arrhythmia. It is a battery-powered device that helps in preventing the symptoms of sudden cardiac death.
We at unit strives to offer advanced treatment for all types of arrhythmia, using the latest evidence-based technology and personalised heart rhythm disorder patient care to ensure each patient receives the most comprehensive diagnosis and treatment possible.
Find Complete Relief from Nanavati Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Nanavati team to schedule an appointment at : +91 22 2626 7500