Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital has a dedicated Gastrointestinal (GI) Malignancies Unit that specialises in the treatment and care of all cancers arising within the GI tract using state-of-the-art, innovative therapies, and technologies. It aims at offering the highest quality of care to people suffering from a wide range of Gastrointestinal (GI) Malignancies such as:
- Oesophageal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Small Bowel Cancer
- Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumour (GIST)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Anal Cancer
Our multidisciplinary team of highly experienced gastroenterologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, general surgeons, pathologists, and other medical staff follow a patient-centric approach to design a unique treatment plan for patients diagnosed with gastrointestinal (GI) malignancies.
We offer the most advanced state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic facilities which ensure optimal outcomes for individual patients affected with gastrointestinal (GI) malignancies. Our team of doctors first evaluates patient’s condition by performing different diagnostic tests like physical examination, blood tests, imaging tests, biopsy, staging tests, etc. The latest minimally invasive techniques we use at the unit for diagnosing cancer include:
- Laparoscopic Biopsies from Lymph nodes: Also called as laparoscopic lymphadenectomy, is a minimally invasive test performed to take a sample of tissues from the lymphatic nodes in order to know exactly where the cancer has spread.
- Laparoscopic Ultrasound and Guided Biopsies: It is one of the advanced methods which offers high diagnostic accuracy and is considered a safe procedure.
- Staging Laparoscopy: It is a minimally invasive procedure that helps in identifying the presence of tumour in the GI tract of a patient. It helps doctors to evaluate patient's condition and determine the stage of cancer and its severity.
Based on a patient’s condition and type of Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer he/she is suffering from, our team of oncologists designs a treatment plan that suits the unique medical needs of each patient. Some of the major surgical procedures we offer to treat cancer include:
- Thoracoscopic and Conventional Oesophagectomy: It is a minimally invasive surgical process that involves the removal of all or parts of oesophagus affected with a malignant tumour.
- Laparoscopic and conventional Gastrectomy and Segmental Colonic Resections: It is a minimally invasive surgical process that involves the removal of all or parts of the stomach affected with cancer.
- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resections: A surgical process performed for the removal of anus, rectum, or sigmoid colon by making small cuts in the patient's belly. The procedure is performed over a patient with cancer in rectum or anus.
- Whipple’s Procedure: It is a complex surgical process performed to treat widespread tumour of the pancreas, intestine, and bile duct.
- De Bulking Surgery: Also known as cytoreduction or cytoreductive surgery, this surgery is performed to reduce as much bulk (volume) of a tumour as possible.
Our surgeons offer a combination of treatments to cure malignant tumours more effectively. In addition to the above procedure, we also offer chemotherapy and radiation therapy to treat the infected tissues by sparing healthy tissue from excessive radiation while delivering a highly potent dose to the tumour target.
We strive to offer the most comprehensive, effective and patient-centric care which starts right from the diagnosis and continues even after the treatment is over.
Find Complete Relief from Nanavati Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Nanavati team to schedule an appointment at : +91 22 2626 7500