M.B.B.S. held in APRIL 1975.
Name of the Institute – Grant Medical College, Bombay
Examining Body – University of Bombay
M.B.B.S Degree – University of Bombay – 29th March 1977
D.Ortho (Diploma in Orthopaedics )– College of Physician & Surgeons, Bombay, July 1979.
M.S. (Orthopaedics)– University of Bombay, November 1979.
Spine & Trauma, Buffalo, New York, USA 1980.
Specialised in Minimal Invasive Fracture Care Treatments with Nails & Plates. This involves treating most of the fractures by Close methods without opening the Fracture site.
• Specialized training in management of Osteoporotic Fractures with state of art technology.
• Management of all types of Simple & Complex Fractures with newer Implants & technology.
• Practicing as Traumatologist&Arthroplasty Surgeon (Replacement of Hip, Knee & Shoulder ) past 30 years.
• Special interest in Sports Injury.
Awards and Achievements
- Practicing as traumatologist&Arthroplasty Surgeon at NanavatiSuperspeciality Hospital for past 30 years.
- Actively involved as aChairman / Faculty for international & National Symposia, Workshops & Academic Activities, in Asia Pacific Countries like China, HongKong,Thailand.
- Indian member for ASEG ( Asia Pacific Trauma Expert Working Group ) based in Davos, affiliated to AOTK, Research wing of AO Group, Switzerland.
- Actively involved in clinical research related to special tailor made implants for Asian bones at laboratory in Davos Switzerland.
- Chief Investigator for Multicentric prospective observational study (Implant Infection In India) under Research wing of A.O.C.I.D Davos, Switzerland
- Spine & Trauma, Buffalo, New York, USA 1980.
Research and Publications
Clinical research for Implant development for Asia Pacific region organized by ASWG, part of AOTK, Davos, Switzerland. Principal Investigator for iNFINITI ( Infection rates following internal fixation in close & open tibiae fractures in India) It is a prospective observational multicenter study ( 10 hospital across India )
Minimal Invasive Fracture Care,
Management of Complex Polytrauma,
Arthroplasty of Hip, Knee & Shoulder.