- DM (Clinical Haematology), AIIMS, New Delhi
- MD (Medicine), LTMMC & LTMGH, Sion, Mumbai
- MBBS, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai
- Fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplant, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, USA
- 14 years at various levels in Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant
- Geneagles Global Hospital- Head of Department of Haematology & BMT
- Kokilaben D Ambani Hospital- Consultant Clinical Haematology
- L H Hiranandani & Jupiter Hospital- Visiting consultant Haematology & BMT
- Honorary Consultant Haematologist, LT Medical College & MG Hospital, Sion
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Visiting BMT physician
Awards and Achievements
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) for outstanding contribution in field of haematology.
- Credit of leading team to perform first successful allogenic peripheral blood stem cells transplant in public hospital at LTMGH, Sion in state of Maharashtra.
- American college of physicians (ACP)- member
- American Society of haematology (ASH)- Member
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant (ASBMT)- Member
- Indian Society of Haematology & Blood transfusion -Life Member
- Indian Stem Cell Transplant Registry Group-Member
- Mumbai Haematology Group- Life Member
Research and Publications
Research Work: Original studies (Thesis)
- Doctoral Thesis on study of immunophenotyping of acute leukemia by flow cytometry. Study included 54 newly diagnosed cases of acute leukemia
- Post-doctoral thesis-Study of etiology of hepatic function derangement in patients with acute leukemias
- Post-doctoral thesis-Study of response assessment to oral iron supplement in Indian patients with Iron deficiency anemia (Cereal based Diets)
- Aggrawal DK, Bhargava R, Dolai TK, Singhal D, Mahapatra M, Rathi S, Bohra B, Rathod N. An unusual presentation of eosinophilic variant of chronic myeloid leukemia (eoCML). Ann Hematol. 2008 Jul 30.
- Bhargava R, Dolai TK, Singhal D, Mahapatra M, Mishra P, Rathod N, Rathi S. Pure red cell aplasia associated with thymoma: Is thymectomy the cure? Leuk Res. 2008 May 20.
- Caspofunjin: A major breakthrough in Treatment of Systemic Fungal Infections. MB Agarwal, SA Rathi, N Rathod, R Subramaniam. JAPI, Dec2006, vol 54, pp943-948.
- Isoniazid Toxicity Presenting As Status Epilepticus and Severe Metabolic Acidosis Yojana A Gokhale, Meghna S Vaidya, AD Mehta, NN Rathod. JAPI, Jan2009 Vol. 57, pp70-71
- Case report- precipitation of acute attack of gout by diuretics. Padwal N, Rathod N, Barde M, Kumawat K. Indian Practioneer, Feb2006, vol 59, no 2.
- "Efficacy of immunization against Hepatitis B virus infection in acute leukemia". Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Manoranjan Mahapatra, Hara Prasad Pati, Pravas Mishra, Tulika Seth, Rahul Bhargava, Shyam Rathi, Niranjan Rathod, Renu Saxena. Turk J Hematol 2010; 27: 156-61
- Experience of Allogenic Hematopietic stem cell transplant stem cell transplant in non-HEPA filtered single rooms. Niranjan Rathod, M Mahapatra, P Mishra, T Seth. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion ,Volume 25, Number 4, 130-199
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant in Aplastic Anemia: Single Institution experience. Niranjan Rathod, M Mahapatra, P Mishra, T Seth. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion ,Volume 25, Number 4, 130-199
- Castleman Disease: A report of two cases. Niranjan Rathod, M Mahapatra, Dhingra B, P Mishra, T Seth. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion ,Volume 25, Number 4, 130-199
- Peripheral blood stem cell transplant is safe in heavily pre-transfused Aplastic anemia patients without increased morbidity from chronic GVHD. Pravas Mishra, Niranjan Rathod, Manoranjan Mahapatra, Tulika Seth. Bone Marrow Transplantation, March 2010, vol. 45, supplement 2.
- Short and long term outcomes of allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplant performed in non HEPA filtered single room: A single center experience from India. Manoranjan Mahapatra, Pravas Mishra, Tulika Seth, Niranjan Rathod. Bone Marrow Transplantation, March 2010, vol. 45, supplement 2.
- An open label study for the assessment of response to oral ferrous salt supplement in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in predominantly cereal diet based Indian patients. Niranjan Rathod, H Pati, M Mahapatra, Jasmita Dass. British journal of Hematology, April 2011, vol. 153. P.31
- Evaluation of aetiology of hepatic dysfunction and its short term impact on mortality in patients of acute leukaemia during treatment. Niranjan Rathod, M Mahapatra, A Mukhopadhyay, P Mishra, Bhavana Dhingra. British journal of Hematology, April 2011, vol. 153. P. 56
- Critical Issues in Massive Blood Transfusion. Niranjan Rathod. Indian Journal of Transfusion medicine. January 21, 2012
Presentations in conferences Poster Abstracts- BTG 2010, Singapore:
- Experience of Allogenic Hematopietic stem cell transplant stem cell transplant in non-HEPA filtered single rooms. Niranjan Rathod, Dhingra, M Mahapatra, P Mishra, T Seth
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant in Aplastic Anemia: Single Institution experience. Niranjan Rathod, Dass J, M Mahapatra, P Mishra, T Seth
- Acute Biphenotypic Leukemia: A comparison of WHO versus EGIL classification criteria for diagnosis. Dass J*, Dhingra B, Anand H, Rathod N, Pati HP, Mahapatra M, Saxena R.
Poster Abstracts- 36th Annual MHG conference, Mumbai, April 2013:
- CML : CP progressing to extramedullary blast crisis. Niranjan Rathod, Pankhi Duttta, Manjit Mehta, Bijal Kulkarni, Darshana Sanghavi, Pradnya Surve.
Abstracts- 39th Annual MHG conference, Mumbai, March 2016
- BMT in Thalassemia Major-Sharing our experience from a public hospital.
- Nimish Kulkarni, Sujata Sharma, Niranjan Rathod, Mamta Manglani et al
- Setting up a BMT unit at a Public Hospital. Mamta Manglani, Sharma, Niranjan Rathod, Shweta Bansal, Sujata Sharma et al.
PHOCON- Annual Conference -Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Mumbai-Nov 2016
- Major ABO mismatch: What determines the need for intervention in MSD Allogenic HSCT? Omkar Khandkar, Niranjan Rathod, Sujata Sharma, Mamta Manglani et al. PHOCON 2016.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantationin a Public Hospital-Our Experience. Mamta Manglani, Dr. Ratna Sharma, Dr. Niranjan Rathod, Dr. Shweta Bansal, et al. PHOCON 2016
Quarterly MHG conference, Mumbai, October 2016
- A rare presentation of aggressive lymphoma: Dr Prachi Barvalia, Dr Mani Dubey, Dr. Namita Padwal, Dr. Niranjan Rathod
Review articles & Chapter in Books
- Assistant editor- Haematology Today 2006 and 2007
- Haematology Today 2007, Caspofungin: A major breakthrough in treatment of systemic fungal infections.M B Agarwal, N Rathod
- Myeloma 2009. Cytogenetic in Multiple Myeloma. Bhargava R, Kapoor R, Rathod N
- Non Hodgkin Lymphoma. 2009, Role of Anthracycline in follicular lymphoma. pp 27-28. Rathod N, Bhargava R
- Hematology- 2009 (Education programme book of ISHTM Goldcon-2009): Hematological manifestations in HIV infection. pp 142-145. Niranjan Rathod, J Dass
- Hematology- 2009 (Education programme book of ISHTM Goldcon-2009
- Hematology Today 2010 (Education book of XVIth National CME in Haematology): Thrombopoietin analogues: current status. pp 389-398. Rathod N, Mahapatra M, Bhargava R, Dass J.
- Hoghkin Lymphoma 2010: Hodgkin lymphoma- Initial evaluation. pp 11-13. Niranjan Rathod, Jasmita Dass.
- Post transplant lymphoproliferative disorders 2010: Clinical presentation in PTLD. Pp 26-28. Dhingra Bhavana, Rathod N
- Disorders of Iron Homeostasis 2010: Oral iron therapy. pp 67-74.Mahapatra M, Rathod N
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia 2010: Prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia. Niranjan Rathod, Jasmita Dass. Pp86-90.
- Hematology- 2010 (Education programme book of ISHTM Hematocon-2010): Use of G-CSF in management of acute leukaemia. Niranjan Rathod.
- Hematology- 2010 (Education programme book of ISHTM Hematocon-2010): Antifungal prophylaxis for patients with haematological malignancies and haematopoietic stem cell transplant . Niranjan Rathod.
- Hematology- 2010 (Education programme book of ISHTM Hematocon-2010): Use of Palifermin (r-KGF) prophylaxis in management of chemo/ radiation therapy induced mucositis. Niranjan Rathod.
- Hematology Today 2011 (Education book of XVIIth National CME in Haematology): Plerixafor: A new peripheral blood stem cells mobilization agent. Rathod N
- Book: Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedics (Elsevier).Venous Thromboembolism- An Overview. Dr R Saxena, Dr N Rathod, Dr J Dass. (Page 1-20)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia in India 2011: Dasatinib as first line therapy in treatment of CML: Chronic Phase. Niranjan Rathod.
- Advances in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia 2011: Emerging role of Nelarbine, Clofarabine and Forodesine in treatment of ALL. Niranjan Rathod.
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma 2011: Role of Bendamustine in relapsed foliicular lymphoma. N Rathod.
- Haematology Today 2012: Current trends in initial treatment of acute myeloid leukaemia pp315-320. Niranjan Rathod.
- Haematology Today 2013: Ferric carboxymaltose: A new third generation parenteral iron. Niranjan Rathod
- Haematology Today 2015: Stem cell mobilization in autologous transplant pp734-746. Niranjan Rathod
- Practical Approach to Progress in Medicine 2017 (Education program book of annual conference of association of physicians of India (API): Practical Approach to Lymphadenopathy. Niranjan Rathod
- Common Haematological Diseases in India 2017: Acquired Hemolytic Anemias. N Rathod
Guest Lectures in important conferences as speaker:
- Current trends in initial treatment of acute myeloid leukaemia. XVIIIth National CME in Haematology and Haemato-Oncology. Mumbai 2012
- When there is no matched sibling-what are the alternatives? 37th Annual MHG conference, ACTREC, Mumbai, March 2014
- New drugs in hematology. Mumbai. MAPCON 2014
- Acute Thrombocytopenia in Pregnancy. Nashik. MahaCriticon 2015
- Coagulopathy in PIH. Nashik. MahaCriticon 2015
- Haplo vs MUD vs Cord in hematological malignancies. 12th Indian Stem Cell Transplantation Group Meeting Christian Medical College, Vellore, March, 2016
- Practical Approach to Lymphadenopathy . APICON -Annual conference of association of physicians of India (API) 2017. January 2017
- Role of KIR genotype in donor selection for transplant. Annual conference of Mumbai Haematology Group 2017
- Bone marrow / stem cells transplant