- MS (General Surgery) – Bombay Hospital (University Gold medallist)
- FALS (Bariatrics)
- 7 years experience in General, GI and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- 4 years experience in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- 4 years experience in Robotic Surgery
- OSSI (Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India)
- AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)
- IAGES (Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal Endosurgeons)
- ASI (Association of Surgeons of India)
Research and Publications
- Thati VN, Kamat MM, Khandelwal NK. Laparoscopic Extraction of fractured Kirschner wire from the pelvis. JMAS, April-June 2014, Vol 10 Issue 2
- Palep JH, Khandelwal NK, Kahale P, Singhal T Mal-Absorptive Bariatric procedure causing Keshan’s Disease. Advances in Obesity, Weight Management and Control, January 2017.
- Kumar S, Khandelwal NK et al Simultaneous Living donor liver transplant with sleeve gastrectomy for metabolic syndrome and NASH-related ESLD- First report from India, published in Indian Journal of Gastroeneterology, April 2017.
Organizing Secretary. 3rd Annual IEF Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Update, Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai, June 8-9, 2018.
Surgery for Obesity and Type II Diabetes Mellitus,
Robotic GI Surgery,
Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery,
Advanced and Complex Minimally Invasive GI surgeries.