Awards and Achievements
- Kamarkar Gold Medal (1994) for highest in surgery at GS Medical College Mumbai & Second Rank in Surgery in Mumbai University.
- Pandurangi Award (1996) for Best Resident in Orthopedics.
- IOACON Appreciation Award 2005 for outstanding work in spine surgery.
- Best Clinical Research Paper Award (Association of Spine Surgeons of India ) 2006.
- ASSI Award for Maximum Peer reviewed publications 2006.
- Surgical decision making in cervical spondylotic myelopathy – prospective analysis of 115 cases. MASSALLAWALA BEST PAPER AWARD SESSION, WIROC, Mumbai 2006 (Co-Author).
- Pathogenesis and staging of craniovertebral tuberculosis. Travel Award. RSNA Chicago, November, 2010 (Co Author).
- Recovery Patterns in late onset myelopathy. MASSALLAWALA BEST PAPER AWARD SESSION, WIROC, Mumbai 2010 (Co-Author).
- SM Tuli Best Case paper award. Indian Orthopaedic Association Conference, Mumbai, 2012
- ASSI-Ingalhalikar Gold Medal for Best Clinical Paper 2013.
- MOA (Maharashtra Orthopedic association ) best paper award 2016.
- Scoliosis Research Society Global Outreach Scholarship 2005
- Visiting Fellow at Queens Medical Center, Nottingham 2004
- Bombay Orthopedic Association. (BOS)
- Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA) and Annual conference (IOACON).
- AO spine
- Bombay Spine society
- Western India Regional Orthopedic Conference (WIROC)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) and Annual conference (ASSICON)
- Johnson and Johnson Annual Travelling Fellowhip Program
- Bangladesh Spine Society.
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association
- Vidharbha Orthopedic Association.
- International AO faculty
Research and Publications
- Mycotic Aneurysm of the Descending thoracic aorta with intraspinal extension causing paraplegia. ActaOrthop Scand. 2002 Oct; 73(5):597-600.
- Approach to tuberculosis of the cervico-dorsal junction. A classification based on clinico-radiological criteria. Spine 2006 Apr 20; 31(9):E244-9.
- Epidural varix at the cervico-thoracic. Unusual cause forquadriplegia. Spine. 2006 Feb 1; 31(3): E88-90.4.
- Role of trans-articular screw fixation in atlanto-axial tuberculosis. Eur Spine J. 2007 Feb; 16(2):187-973.
- Role of iliac crest reconstruction using autologous rib graft. Spine 2008 Nov 1; 33(23):2570-5.
- Patterns of Compression in Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. Eur Spine J 2008 17: 1651-1663
- Paraplegia due recurrent multiple hydatid cyst of the spine. IJO 2008; 42(2): 222-4
- Conus Medullaris Syndrome due to an intradural disc herniation. IJO 2008; 42(1): 94-96.
- Complex multi-level lumbar spine fractures with transverse sacral fracture. A case report. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. Indian J Orthop. 2011 Nov;45(6):576-80.
- MRI diagnosis of intradural disc herniation. A report of three cases with review of literature. Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2011 Volume 18 Number 2
- Delayed surgery in lumbar spine fractures. Do severe cauda equina lesions recover?. The Spine Journal 2011; 11(10):S11-12.
- Intradural tumor and concomitant disc herniation. Indian J Orthop. 2011.
- Free floating intraspinalneuroepithelial cyst: a case report. International journal of case reports and images 2012;3(6): 38-41.
- Structural odontoid lesions in craniovertebral tuberculosis. A review of 15 cases. Spine 2012;37 :E836-43
- Management of Sequelae of neglected septic shoulder. IJO 2009; 43(1): 90-2
- Giant cell tumour of the talus: Case report. Journal of Post graduate Medicine Vol.46, Issue2; April-June 2000.
- Text Book of Orthopaedics and Trauma. G S Kulkarni; Jaypee 2008. Spinal fusion techniques
- Spinal Injuries in Ankylosing Spinal Disorders. Kshitij Chaudhary, MihirBapat, Vinod Laheri. Spine Infections and Trauma, Chapter 27, 1st edition, editors: S Rajasekaran, Anil Jain. Jaypee Publishers, India.
- RDB`s art of clinical presentation: A clinical hand book for under graduate students.
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Complex and Revision Surgeries, Craniovertebral junction surgery, Deformity surgery, Tumor and Fracture reconstruction surgeryMinimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Complex and Revision Surgeries, Craniovertebral junction surgery, Deformity surgery, Tumor and Fracture reconstruction surgery
Bringing Care to Healthcare
Thank you. We'hv received your feedback.