Dr. Barve is a Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeon with special interest in Aesthetic surgery and breast reconstruction. She completed her MCh plastic surgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh and is trained for 3 years in Aesthetic surgery in USA. She has been awarded the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s International fellowship.
- ASAPS international fellowship 2016-2017
- Aesthetic and breast surgery fellowship, Miami, USA 2016-2018
- University of Miami VEST program scholar 2017
- M.Ch Plastic surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- M.S. General Surgery, Seth G.S.Medical college and KEM hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS, Seth G.S.Medical college and KEM hospital, Mumbai
AESTHETIC SURGERY - Body contouring – liposuction, Abdominoplasty, Breast augmentation, reduction and breast lift, post bariatric surgery body contouring, face and neck lifts, blepharoplasty., rhinoplasty, scar revision
NON SURGICAL FACIAL REJUVENATION - Botox and Fillers
POST MASTECTOMY BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
- 2 years of Aesthetic and breast surgery experience in Miami, USA
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s international fellowship
- Assistant Professor in Plastic Surgery - Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Prestigious Plastic surgery residency (MCh) experience from India’s premier institute – PGIMER, Chandigarh
- 10 years of training from Seth G.S.Medical college and KEM hospital, Mumbai
Awards and Achievements
- Won the Dr. J.R. Jaju Best Paper Award for ‘Study of anatomy of free perforator flaps and comparison between hand-held doppler and duplex scan as pre-operative imaging modalities’ at the Annual Conference of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSICON), 2012.
- Won the ‘Dr. Geeta Rao Memorial Prize’ for securing highest number of marks in general surgery at final MBBS exam amongst candidates registered for General Surgery, in January 2011.
- Ranked 4th in the Maharashtra University in M.S General surgery in 2010.
- Won the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Scholarship for the research project ‘Infections associated with central venous catheters in medical wards ad ICU in KEM hospital’.
- Ranked 2nd in the Certificate Course in Clinical Research for undergraduates.
- Ranked 4th in the state of Maharashtra in second year MBBS
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) - applied
- Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Mumbai - applied
Research and Publications
1. Completed a thesis during my Plastic Surgery residency – ‘A prospective study of use of free perforator flaps in reconstructive surgery’.
2. Completed a thesis during my General Surgery residency entitled ‘Role of endoscopy, surgery and interventional radiology in the management of chronic pancreatitis’.
3. Carried out a research project ‘Infections associated with central venous catheters in medical wards ad ICU in KEM hospital’ for the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
1. Circumferential trunk skin defect; a rare presentation of amniotic band syndrome. Barve DJ, Kumar P. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015;68:e19-20
2. Letter to the Editor regarding the article: The Extended Distally Based Sural Neurocutaneous Flap for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction: A Retrospective Review of 10 Years of Experience. Barve DJ, Gupta AK. Ann Plast Surg. 2015;74:743
3. Ainhum: A Spot Diagnosis. Barve DJ, Gupta AK. Indian J Surg. Published online August 28, 2014.
4. Thoracoscopic removal of impacted denture: report of a case with review of literature. Dalvi AN, Thapar VK, Jagtap S, Barve DJ. J Minim Access Surg. 2010;6:119–121
- Aesthetic Surgery
- Non Surgical facial rejuvenation
- Post Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction