Dr Avanish Arora is Alummus of Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Tata Memorial Hospital and Bombay Hospital.
He is a fellowship trained advanced laparoscopic and Robotic Urologist wiht speciality interest in Urooncology, Endourology (stone, prostate disorders) and kidney Transplant.
He is full time Senior consultant ensuring excellence in clinical outcome and patient
- M.B.B.S (Bachelor Of Medicine And Bachelor Of Surgery) Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- M.S (Master Of Surgery) Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- DNB (Diplomate Of National Board) Gen Surgery
- M.Ch (Master Of Chirurgiae) GenitoUrinary Surgery, Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai
- DNB ( Diplomate Of National Board ) GenitoUrinary Surgery
- MRCS (Edin ,UK)
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology, Guildford, UK.
- Training in Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology, IUPUI, Indianapolis, USA
- Fellowship in Endourology, Mumbai
- Hargobind Foundation Fellowship
- Birla Smarak Foundation Fellowship
- Eagle Travelling Fellowship (USI).
- 16 years experience in endourology and laparoscopic urology and uro-oncology.
- Consultant and HOD, Urology, Uro-oncology and Renal Transplantation, SevenHills Hospital, Mumbai, 2010-2018.
- Faculty, Department of Urology, KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- Urology Society of India
- West Zone Urology society, India
- American Urological Association
- General Medical Council, UK
- Royal college of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
Research and Publications
- Final outcome of patients with prostate cancer suitable for active surveillance but treated surgically. – A Arora, C Eden, Journal of Endourology, A92,93, Vol 23, Suppl 1, Oct 2009.
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy : minimum 5 year followup of the first UK cases. A Arora, C Eden, Journal of Endourology, A 244, Vol 23, Suppl 1, Oct 2009.
- Extended pelvic lymphadenectomy during laparoscopic radical prostatectomy- Is it worthwhile? AArora, C Eden, Journal of Endourology, A 92, Vol 23, Suppl 1, Oct 2009.
- Feasibility of laparoscopic radical prostatectomy following total extraperitoneal mesh inguinal hernia repair. AArora, C Eden, Journal of Endourology, A 92, Vol 23, Suppl 1, Oct 2009.
- Laparocopic radical prostatectomy for patients with gleasons 8-10, PSA>20. A Arora, C Eden, Journal of Endourology, A 244, Vol 242, Suppl 1, Oct 2009.
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy beyond the learning and discovery curves. CG Eden, A Arora. Accepted for publication by BJU.
- Extended versus standard pelvic lymphadenectomy during laparoscopic radical prostatectomy for intermediate and high risk prostate cancer. Accepted for publication by BJU 2009 -0946.
- ESWL in paediatric urolithiasis : Our experience.A Arora, P K Pattnaik, AG Phadke. Journal of Endourology. Vol 18, Page A115. Nov 2004.
- Comparison of various devices for percutaneous management of ureteropelvic junction obstruction. A Arora, P K Pattnaik, AG Phadk, Journal of Endourology, Aug 2006
- Avoiding Steinstrasse in ESWL monotherapy , A Arora, P K Pattnaik, AG Phadke. Journal of Endourology, Aug 2006.
- Mini Perc for small symptomatic calyceal calculi. A Arora, P K Pattnaik, AG Phadke.Journal of Endourology, Aug 2006.
- Bilateral simultaneous percutaneous nephrolithotomy. U P Acharya, A Arora, P K Pattnaik, AG Phadke. Journal of Endourology, Vol 18, P150, Nov 2004.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy for paediatric renal calculi.UP acharya, A Arora, PK Pattnaik, AG Phadke.Journal of Endourology, Vol 18,P 152, Nov 2004.
Clinical trials conducted :
- Prevention of biochemical failure post radical prostatectomy in clinically localized prostate cancer by using captopril postoperatively.
- Histoscanning for diagnosing prostate cancer. PHS 02
- Prognostication in renal tumors: Retrograde analysis from 1998 to 2005.
- Retrospective study of post total laryngectomy : complications and survival.
- Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology
- Endourology, Lasers
- Artificial Intelligence