Reconstructive Urology is the sub-discipline of urological surgeries that focus on treating patients with morphological or functional disorders such as birth defects, cancer, neurological disorders, male and female incontinence, scar tissue in urinary tract organs, strictures and pelvic floor prolapse. We also specialise in the treatment of traumatic injuries that occur to kidney, ureter, bladder, and genitals. The major conditions we treat under the unit include:
- Bladder trauma
- Urethral trauma
- Testicular trauma
- Kidney trauma
- Penile trauma
- Bladder fistulas
- Urinary fistulas
- Vesicovaginal or ureterovaginal fistulas
- Peyronie's disease (plaque incision and grafting, penile plication)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male incontinence (artificial urinary sphincter, male sling, bulking agents)
- Bladder augmentation
- Urethral Stricture
- Urinary diversion
Our team of expert urologists, reconstructive surgeons, nephrologist, andrologists and supporting staff performs the following surgeries to treat a variety of urological conditions requiring reconstruction, such as:
- Urinary Tract and Genital Reconstruction are performed for the reconstruction of bladder, urethra, ureter, penis, and external genitalia.
- Transition Urology/Congenital surgery is performed to treat various congenital urinary defects.
- Tissue Transfer Techniques is used for genital and urethral reconstruction.
- Grafts for Complicated Urethral Stricture involve the use of graft obtained from a donor’s site to replace the diseased urethral tissue in a patient.
- Flaps Transfer involves the transfer of flaps from the donor site to the recipient site in order to treat conditions related to penile, scrotal skin and preputial.
Following post-surgery instructions, as advised by your healthcare expert, are important for you to recover and obtain the best possible outcome. We strive to offer the most exceptional care using state-of-the-art facilities in order to ensure that you receive the best treatment possib