Irregular or unhealthy sleep can lead to serious sleep disorders like sleep apnoea, which is directly linked with a variety of health conditions such as heart disease, depression, obesity and lower life expectancy. There are millions of people in India suffering from chronic, severe sleep disorders and faces difficulties sleeping at night, problems with excessive daytime sleepiness, or other medical problems that may occur or exacerbates during sleep.
The Sleep Apnoea Clinic at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital is a comprehensive clinic committed to providing outstanding, compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care for these conditions while advancing treatment methods. Our aim is to provide proficient, convenient, and comprehensive sleep health treatment, to every patient under our care.
Our team of experts consists of specialists in obstructive sleep apnoea, narcolepsy, insomnia, parasomnias, paediatric sleep, restless legs syndrome, and other sleep disorders. Here, our experts follow a multidisciplinary approach to treat patients suffering from a variety of sleep disorders. The excellence and innovation we offer in sleep services are facilitated in a professional manner and in accordance with the international standards.
The clinic offers both inpatient and outpatient services to deal with sleep problems and offers advanced patient-centric treatment including continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and other therapies.
Conditions We Treat
- Some of the major conditions we treat include:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Parasomnia (Sleepwalking)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (Idiopathic hypersomnia)
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Sleep Movement Disorders
- Sleep Deprivation
- Sleep Disordered Breathing & Snoring
Symptoms for Sleep Disorders
- You might be a patient of sleeping disorders if you experience any of the conditions stated below:
- Unspecified sleep problems
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Difficulty staying asleep or initiating sleep
- Morning headaches
- Waking up unrefreshed
- Witnessed apnoea
- Difficulty in maintaining concentration during the day
- Experiencing the uncontrollable urge to sleep (this may be associated with vivid dreams, muscle weakness, etc.)
- Abnormal limb movements during sleep (most often with lower legs or feet)
- Abnormal behaviour during sleep (flailing limbs, yelling, large movement etc.)
- Sleep pattern problems (due to shift work disorder, or regular overseas travel)
Comprehensive Services We Offer:
Some of the major services we offer include:
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) - Also termed as day nap study, MSLT is a standard test used to diagnose disorders such as excessive daytime sleepiness (narcolepsy) and idiopathic hypersomnia. It is performed in a quiet environment to know how quickly a patient can fall asleep during the day.
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing (MWT) - The test is performed to know how to alert a patient or his/her ability to stay awake during the day in quiet times of inactivity.
- Overnight Diagnostic Polysomnogram (PSG) Or Sleep Study
Find Complete Relief from Nanavati Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Nanavati team to schedule an appointment at : +91 22 2626 7500