The Autologous Transplant Unit at Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital provides comprehensive services to patients suffering from a broad range of blood disorders. Our approach to treat patients with diseases related to blood is well developed around each patient’s unique medical requirements.
Our team of expert haematologists, doctors, surgeons, and nurses provides advanced autologous bone marrow transplant services by following a multidisciplinary patient-centric approach and ensuring the best outcomes for patients.
Indications of Autologous Transplant
- Multiple Myeloma
- Hodgkin’s & Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Germ Cell Tumour
In an autologous transplant, a patient’s healthy blood stem cells are collected from his/her own body and are used by our experts to replace diseased or damaged bone marrow. The patient is the donor and the receiver simultaneously. The process is known as Autologous Stem Cell Transplant or Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant.
Autologous Transplant Procedure
- Take medicines to boost your stem cells counts in the blood
- Stem cells are collected from the patient’s blood
- A patient undergoes conditioning process where they receive high doses of chemotherapy or radiation therapy or both.
- Infusion of stem cells into the bloodstream (where they travel to bone marrow in order to create new cells) to help in the process of recovery
An autologous transplant is only an option if a patient’s body is producing enough healthy bone marrow cells. It is the safest transplant procedure with high success and as it does not come with any incompatibility issue.
Find Complete Relief from Nanavati Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Nanavati team to schedule an appointment at : +91 22 2626 7500