foundation stone at Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital was laid by the Late Prime Minister
Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru in November 1950, and the hospital opened its doors to its
first patient in May 1951.
The hospital has since completed over 60 years of dedicated service, and we pride
ourselves on offering quality world class medical care.
• 5 Buildings
• Total number of beds - 352
• 45 Multi-specialty, Ultra Modern, State-Of-the-Art Departments Day Care (Chemotherapy):
• Critical Care - 74 beds
• 8 Operation Theatres + 1 Cath Lab.
• 1297 Full time employees
• 200 Eminent consultants
• 100 Skilled, Resident doctors, 406 Trained nurses
• 16,000 InPatient
• 1,20,000 OPD Patients ( Timing 8 am to 4 pm )
Our well-equipped hospital rooms, state-of-the-art Heart Institute and technologically
advanced equipment and systems are all backed by the expertise and reputation of
the Hospital’s consultants, resident doctors, nurses and paramedics.
Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital prides itself on its attention to maintaining a high
standard of quality and hygiene. The hospital serves 100% vegetarian meals, and
offers patients the facility of selecting from
different cuisines, ranging from Indian to Chinese.
The Hospital is conveniently located on Swami Vivekanand Road, Vile Parle (West),
just opposite the
Flying Club. Easily accessible, the Hospital links up to the main highways and roads,
as well as to
Public Bus Depots and Railway Stations.